I really liked your counterarguments to Irmeli Akasha. I wish you could take it one step further and identify the specifics of the body parts which have to do with what aspects of the world, and their authors, and also, then teach me to take that into my activity. Like for instance the devata of -do as i tell ye- would reside in the index finger, and the devata of -get thee away from me- would reside in the middle. Moreover, it's dissatisfying to me that I do fail so often in my efforts in spite of 25 years of training.  Just as does Maharishi seemingly.  Is there a devata of failure?

But I do have one counterargument of my own. The windows XP analogy is really great, but where do the bug fixes and upgrades come in?
----- Original Message -----
From: akasha_108
Sent: Thursday, May 12, 2005 10:34 AM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Individuality: Outward Projection vs. Inner Subjective Sense of No Indiv. Do

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]...> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, akasha_108 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]...> wrote:
>

> > Irmeli:
> > An I, who observes, makes interpretations, creates plans, acts,
and reacts, and often quite differently than the others.

> > Akasha:
> > Why do you necessarily subjectively equate that which observes,
makes interpretations, creates plans, acts, and reacts, and is
different than other entities with "you"?

> Irmeli:
> I think here is a confusion with the concepts. I seem to mean a
> different thing with the individual I than you. For me the I
includes the other entities in me.

Yes, individuality and be seen as different things (or non things).

You seem to be aware of something that decides, creates plans, acts,
and reacts. The question is:  why does that intellect or any part
claim ownership of those things. Did you create them? Do you know how
they really work -- the physiology or it all? Do you create the
thoughts that come to you? Do you (something other than your
intellect)  direct your intellect on the methods and style that it
will decide things?

If not, why do you claim ownership of such. Why do you claim to be
running the show?

> I think the comparison with computers is a good one. With the I, who
> observes, makes interpretations etc, I mean the operating system of
> the computer. Computers can have many kinds of operating systems,
> but it must have one to be capable of functioning.

Your operating system seems to be working fine in that things are
getting done, aren't they? Did you create your operating system? Do
you know how it works -- line by line of code?

If not, what does it have to do with who you are?  Windows XP runs the
PC here. But it would be silly to claim "I am Windows XP".

> And it seems that at least we humans can consciously also partly
share  our operating systems. My operating system can be strongly
influenced  by yours. But it is still an operating system that uses
this physical  body as an instrument.

But did you create the body? If not, why do you claim ownership of it?

You are right, the operating systems can influence each other. They
can and do provide feedback to each other. This is how they learn and
adapt. That is its nature.

Some fear that the operating system will shut down and the PC will
stop if they don't claim ownership of either or both. Its kind of a
silly concept when you think about it.

Some fear that if ther is now owner, no driver, then total
licentuousness will occur -- its an excuse to do anything. Can your
body or mind do anything not inhernet in the operating system and
software? The operating system has learned there are consequences for
actions and seeks to navigate its mission efficiently. Most operating
systems realize that doin any ol' crazy thing isn't a good strategy.

> And then there is apparently also a much bigger server to which
these individual computers are connected to.

Perhaps that larger server is the owner. Why steal ownership from that?