I think if so many who vent about this issue had listened to
themselves more carefully when they were pledging heart and soul to
the Movement, there wouldn't be such feelings of indignation now.

At one point while working for the Movement, I had applied for
teacher training. At the same time, my expectations of the Movement
grew quite high. Self-preservation really kicked in and I began to
evaluate the organization from a standpoint of how well it served
and would serve my needs. After determining that there was no fit, I
was gone in about a month.

As I had mentioned before it is all dharma. No different than if
some on this board felt at some point that they wanted to be
doctors, for example. Some would make it and some wouldn't.

I recognize the response to my 'doctor' example could be that at
least when one sets out to be a doctor, the rules to follow are well
defined on how to get there.

This is a legitimate difference then between becoming a doctor and
enlightening the world. There is no existing project plan on how to
enlighten the world. And some of the things Maharishi has done seem
callous, etc.

I must say in response to that that any endeavor in the world is
similar. We will come across our challenges and our temporary
failures, which are there to test us and ultimately guide us in the
right direction. The world of business and technology where I
operate is no more fair than Maharishi is.

Claiming that the wrong exists in the Maharishi, in the Maharishi's
plan to enlighten the world, or in the world of business is just
soothing the ego when it is suffering. Better to focus on what we
need personally to get back on track.

Thanks,

Jim

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "claudiouk" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>