--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> I'm not sure enlightenment and increasing sattva are the same
thing. To answer the question Anon asked me, to bring light to the
dark just changes the play of shadow. Real enlightenment starts when
outside of the three gunas one no longer judges any of them from the
standpoint of another of them but rather sees them all as the play of
the absolute. One should have compassion for all beings, those of
light and those of shadow. Instead of being some fanatical guna
worshipper.

*************

A synonym for sattva is "transparency" -- when the mind becomes
transparent, it becomes transparent to the infinite awareness.

"Truly, there is no mind in the liberated ones. What is the mind? The
psychological conditioning or limitation which is dense and which
leads to rebirth is known as mind: this is absent in the liberated
sages. The liberated sages live with the help of the mind which is
free from conditioning and which does not cause rebirth. It is not
mind at all but pure light (sattva). The liberated ones live and
function here established in this sattva, not in the mind. The
ignorant and inert mind is mind; the enlightened mind is known as
sattva. The ignorant live in their mind, the enlightened ones live in
sattva." (p. 458, http://tinyurl.com/6xndt )