> on 5/25/05 2:27 PM, Patrick Gillam at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >>
> >>  Rick Archer:
> >> Never heard him acknowledge the micro thing, but he admitted
his need to
> >> always have some new project or plan.
> >
> > Sometimes the founder comes back to save the organization, as
Steve Jobs has
> > done
> > for Apple Computer. But more often than not, the entrepreneur is
happier to
> > invent a
> > new company.
>
> Maharishi's love of starting new stuff and inability to follow
through or
> maintain things has always been characteristic of the TMO. How many
> buildings have been bought and then allowed to rot? How many big
projects
> started and then abandoned? Again, this is not a criticism. Just an
> observation. Jobs probably did well coming back to Apple because
the
> computer world is so full of innovation. He gets to dream up new
stuff all
> the time, as he does at Pixar also. Let's see him (or Maharishi)
run a nuts
> and bolts brick and mortar business. He'd be bored in no time and
probably
> ruin it with innovations.

Steve Jobs is an interesting person to bring up within the context
of discussing MMY and the TMO.

Why?  Because Jobs has proven NOT to be a "one trick pony".  His
first innovation was the Apple II, not the first PC but the first to
prove very popular and user friendly.  That made him a multi-
millionaire...and that would have been enough to put him in the
history books.

But then in the mid-'80s he came out with MacIntosh, another
incredible innovation with its window-type applications...although
he didn't invent the windows type stuff (Xerox did) he did make it
popular.

But Jobs ALSO did the Pixar stuff and that clear-looking PC (the
name escapes me)...the ipod, too?...so to come up with so many
ground-breaking innovations is quite remarkable.

MMY had one great innovation: TM.  And, yes, I would put the flying
technique up there (almost!) with it.  But there have been SO many
missteps and rediculous ones at that.

And unlike Jobs, MMY didn't have to do anything other than introduce
and then promote TM.  TM is so great and so important for the planet
that that wall ALL he really had to do.  Indeed, so much that he's
done since has watered-down the important TM message.

For example, I got the Total Health Catalog in the mail today.  MMY
has put his name and image on, amongst other things, honey, herbs,
tea, oils, shampoo, beverages, butter, candy bars, nut butters,
soaps, etc.

I weep.

This is the message he has for the world?  This is what he felt the
need to put his attention on?

I have an MIU degree.  My resume stops at high school because I am
ashamed to put down anything to do with TM and would rather people
think my education stopped at high school than to put the
words "Maharishi" or "TM" down...and I still do my program regularly
as I have for 32 years!