so number one, what is Maharishi doing? regarding the man himself, I
have no insight into his intentions or thought process.

with regard to his movement, the assessment of their activities have
become on the one hand an increasingly abstract intellectual exercise
for me. though I've made a small financial contribution to them each
year, I haven't set foot in a center for nearly ten years (though
there is a very active one here, in Palo Alto, who's chairman happens
to be John Black, who I believe was listed earlier as one of
Maharishi's former secretaries...).

tne plain vanilla TM technique continues to work wonders, literally.
Probably my biggest lesson through the years is that the rest of my
environment must be engaged in order for it to be effective (!?!!!).

on the other hand, in my heart I do hope that Maharishi's goal of
enlightening the world will become a reality. Though I see that there
is truly no injustice in the world, I would like to see a world where
we could all enjoy more harmony with all of its benefits. Accent on
community vs enmity.

Is this occurring? As a poster to this board remarked recently about
an artist not wanting to reveal the work until it is done, I feel the
same way; if we are in fact constructing a new or renewed paradigm for
a more enlightened world, then it probably won't become apparent until
it is here.

in the meantime, its one mantra at a time...

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Does anyone here buy what Maharishi is doing hook, line, and
sinker?  Anyone?  Please stand up against the rock throwers and
confirm your faith.