--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, cardemaister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> >

> > Because of this somewhat elitist POV, numerous schools and
numerous
> > realizers did view Shankara as a fanatic of demon. The dvaita
> master
> > Madhava called Shankara "a deceitful demon who had perverted
the
> > teachings of the Brahma-sutra to lead souls astray."
> >

> Is it perchance so, that dvaitins perceive "tattvamasi" like
> "tattvam asi" and advaitins like "tat tvam asi"?

No, it ain't. According to Wiki, dvaitins read "tattvamasi"
in _chaandogya_  6.8.7:

sa ya eshho.aNimaitadaatmyamida\m+ sarvaM tatsatya\m+ sa
aatmaa ***tattvamasi*** shvetaketo iti bhuuya eva maa
bhagavaanviGYaapayatviti tathaa somyeti hovaacha || 6\.8\.7||

like "... sa aatmaa + atattvamasi shvetaketo..."

Huccome? Well, that seems to require the DN text being
written like "aatmaatattvamasi". If it's written like
"aatmaa tattvamasi", it's obviously impossible to interpret
that to "contain" "atattvamasi".

I wonder how them stoopid dvaitins "explain away" the other
famous mahaavaakyas, like "ayamaatmaa brahma", "ahaM brahmaasmi",
"sarvaM khalvidaM brahma".  :o