--- Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> [...]

Let me riff off of your comment, Rick. The ego and
consciousness are two completely separate "things".
Prior to Realization there is a confound between
consciousness and the mind: consciousness is projected
into and identifies with mind. Out of this results an
ego; a felt quality of bounded, separate
individuality. This is a result of consciousness
becoming the boundary that it is projected into. The
condition of ignorance is simply that the
unrestricted, unlimited, non-relative nature of
consciousness is lost to the consciousness of
limitations; space/time boundaries. Realization is
very simply the cessation of this
projection/identification with anything limited. In my
experience of 20 years ago coming out of the dome,
consciousness very quickly stopped this projection and
foundationally shifted from a distinct ego to
no-boundary. "I" did not experience the
no-boundary,"I" was no longer "there" in any sort of
experiential form. When the mind tried to find that
familiar felt sense of "me" there was absolutely
nothing there. I was and continue to be the same
person as before. Same sense of humor, same interests,
same habits,etc., etc.. I contend that people
profoundly misunderstand statements from Realized
people when they speak of having no "I". They are not
talking about any aspect of the mind or emotions. They
are talking about the localization of consciousness.
Realization is the cessation of this localization. The
localization creates the ego; the individual,
psychological "me". The first step of Realization is
CC or Kaivalya ala Patanjali, the fruit of Yoga, is
this cessation of projection and the clear recognition
that one's consciousness, what one "is" is not
localized. Everything is the same as before, but now
there is no localization of a "me". Quiz on Wednesday.

> Checked by AVG Free Edition.
> Release Date: 9/30/2007
> 9:01 PM

that gives answers, not web links.