--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Judy,
>
> Me? I feel like De Niro -- you talkin' to me?  Judy, with your
> magnificent brain, are you imagining me trying to rape and murder?

Metaphorically, yes, indeed, with words. You go
on to quote parts of the attempt, so you know
exactly what I'm talking about.

<snip>
> I flamed you in the past, so now, what?, you've decided that any
> White Knightism on my part has to be countered with your attacking
> me?

When another woman describes your "White Knightism"
in terms like this--

[Bronte wrote:]
> Only when something tender is in the environment, making the
atmosphere soft and safe, does that tender side come out. Edg
is the kind of man who brings out that side in women.
<snip>
And the man who can see and value the softness in a woman, even the
kick-ass ones, is the man who can win any woman's heart.
<snip>
> So if Edg wants to "tilt at windmills" and stand up for delicate
damsels that most people say don't exist, we women hear him and a
tear wells up in our eye because we understand.

--I think it's important to point out that you're
perfectly capable of turning off all that tender
protectiveness and attacking one of those "delicate
damsels" with all the viciousness at your command
when you're feeling threatened by her tough exterior.

<snip>
> Ah, it still feels so right to flame back.  How was that for you,
> Judy?  The above was me being triggered for the words "liar and
> fuckhead,"

*Your* words "liar and fuckhead," remember?

<snip>
> I confronted Barry about his nonchallance about the possibility
> of being a predator, and you, a woman, seem okay with his 007
> license to fuck

As I said, I don't think he believes he has such
a license. I think that's your fantasy. I'd be
the last person to defend him if I thought he did.

<snip>
> All's fair in bars; all are able to defend themselves, so no harm
> could result in any words I would write about you, right?  The
> flames didn't touch you at all, right?

They didn't, no. But it wasn't for lack of
trying on your part.

Barry does exactly the same thing, BTW. The two
of you appreciate women like crazy as long as
they stay nice and vulnerable and make you feel
all warm and protective.

But the minute they challenge you, all bets are
off and you do your damndest to target and wound
the very vulnerability that otherwise makes you
feel so strong and manly.

I'd rather deal with a straightforward male
chauvinist pig than a fake male feminist,
frankly. At least the former doesn't lie to
himself about his feelings.