On Oct 13, 2007, at 1:05 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

I can relate to this. I have this thing where I think of some
information I need from a book and when I open it randomly I often
come right to the exact page I needed. It used to happen so often
that I came to believe that it was through my refined sense of touch.
It made me feel special. These days I consider that I am a total
book fiend and do this activity so often that the laws of statistics
are in my favor. Plus I am often looking in books I have already read
and they are naturally creased to my favorite sections. Throw in the
natural influence of "shaping" where I tend to remember only the times
it happened and completely forget when it doesn't happen and you have
a full blown miracle in my hands!

Selective memory certainly is a common component in this type of activity; nice observation Curtis. It's also worth pointing out that this mechanism of selecting one thing and deselecting another is essentially a function of the ego. How "spiritual" is that really and honestly? Should that be considered expanded consciousness or a form of self-delusion?