In a message dated 10/16/07 6:12:25 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

If you  would like to give a friend the benefits of meditation, the
best thing you  could do is to teach them to meditate by giving them
your own TM mantra,  and teaching them how to meditate effortlessly
with it. By doing this no  puja is required as they are getting the
mantra with Shakti from you. For  any other mantra a puja is required.

The other thing I wish to say is  that once a person has a mantra; it
should never be changed for the rest  of their life!

Jai Guru Dev,

It is my understanding, and this could be a TMO scare tactic for all I  know,
that if you change the instructions on teaching, you become that person's
guru and take on the responsibility for their karma, where as if you teach
exactly as instructed, the originator of the instructions has that
responsibility. Just a thought to consider.