from the Wednesday Night Satsang List:

Hi y'all,

Rick gets private letters asking him to boot Bronte, and Bronte gets private
letters in
support of her stance.  Well, now, doesn't that say it all?  Why can't everyone
be up front
about this?

I never said that I thought current Ff thought was as bad as German fascism,
but I do think
the two are compatible modes of thought.  One is more extreme than the other.
The Ff
scene wants to project genteel peace at the moment, rather than holy warrior,
and I find
genteel peace insufferably phony---and not only phony, but, at bottom, icy cold
and
judgmental.  And so I certainly agree with Bronte that the Wednesday Night
group has a
tendency to be condescending.  That's why I've not been attending, though I do
enjoy
reading some of the posts.  By no means all, however.  In the posts, too, there
is stuff
that's too patronizing for me.  And a patronizing attitude is somehow even
harder to take
when it comes from a female.

That said, I'm going to be insufferably condescending myself.  The Wednesday
night group
is pretty much where my head was at thirty five years ago.  I was waking up
then, and a
group would have been nice.  There wasn't one.  And I was insufferably arrogant
because I
was awake and nobody else I knew was, though I found kindred spirits in
literature. I ran
rings around my profs in grad school, and that was not a good thing for a woman
to do.
Back then, I thought I would just get more and more incredible experience that
would set
me more and more apart from the stupid waking-staters of the world.  Instead,
I've
become more and more ordinary over the years.  At this point, I'm more
comfortable with
people who pretend to no spiritual attainment whatsoever than I am with folks
who do.
Yes, I've also got groovy experiences, but so f---ing what. a