--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm just curious, and coming into the discussion some time after it
started.  Before arguing about whether or not God exists, did you
establish some consensus on who or what God actually is?

Angela no we didn't. Thats part of the problem. I usually use the word
God in a very generic and abstract way, and I think thats greatly
misunderstood. In TM we used to have all kinds of substitute words,
like CI, or Being (impersonal God), or unified field, When I left TM I
felt I didn't want to relate to TM lingo anymore, and adopted the more
general word God. For me the word God could comprise any of these
ideas. So, when I say, We are not in control of our thoughts, but God
is, God could mean any cosmic force or intelligence outside of our I
sense.

> Tubingen is a university famous in Europe for many centuries for its
department of theology.  They had a conference not too long ago in
which the existence of God was the topic for discussion.  After
learned dudes from all over the world had presented their arguments in
learned papers for three days, an old guy got up and said, "Gentlemen,
the Lord is so great, He doesn't have to exist if He doesn't feel like
it." a

Great!