--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Rick,
>
> You're always posting stuff from "outside" posters, so why do
> you get that right and not me?

Because he's the moderator and you're just a pissant
with a grudge against me trying to assist another
pissant with a grudge against me in your mutual
quest to trash me and other people you don't like.

And everyone here knows it, no matter how much you
posture otherwise.

< snipping the rest of Edg's self-serving bullshit >

Here's the real issue. And since Rick says I'm already
at 35 even though my hand-count says otherwise, even
counting the one I offered to Judy, I'm going to "go
over" by one post to make the point that Edg is trying
to obscure. Because *I* respect the limit, unlike these
two assholes, I'll take it off of my next week's tally.

The 35-post-per-week limit was put in place for a
REASON. That reason is that several people were
completely out of control and using their ability
to post as much as they wanted to drown out other
posters and thus drown out ideas they disagreed with.
Think back to one year ago, October, 2006. During
that month:

* shempmcgurk made 541 posts -- that was 11.6% of the
total FFL posts for that month, an average of 129/week

* sparaig made 533 posts -- that was (11.4% of the
total FFL posts for the month, an average of 123/week

* authfriend (Judy) made 482 posts -- that was 10.3%
of total FFL posts for the month, an average of 111/week

Almost everyone else back then was writing pretty much
the same number of posts they are today; that is, they
had the self control to say only what needed to be said.
Only a few posted more, and none of them at even anything
*near* what the three people above were posting.

It seems clear that at least one of the posters above
still feels that she "deserves" to post more, and is
willing to do whatever she needs to do to post as much
as she bloody well pleases. It also seems clear that
she has an ally who is willing to help her try to bring
back the Bad Old Days of FFL, as long as she uses a few
of her "extra posts" to trash the guy Edg has developed
an obsession against that is almost as insane as hers.

There was a *reason* for the posting limits. There still
is. I personally think that the Bad Old Days are well
worth keeping in mind.

There is only one bottom line here. Some people feel
that they are "better" or "more privileged" than others,
and get to do what the fuck they want, no matter who
else disagrees. Edg makes a big show of "cleaning up
the flaming," and then turns into the biggest, most
out-of-control flamer ever. Judy pretends to lose track
of how many posts she's made *every fucking week* in
an attempt to push the envelope and post more than
anyone else.

As I said back then, in the Bad Old Days, "Those with
the least to say seem to feel that they need the most
posts in which to say it."

I say it still.

Don't let the pissants ruin your forum again, Rick,
now that it's finally under a modicum of control.