I heard from a govenor back in 1996 while on a walk along the
Mediteranian Coast in Israel, that Chopra had gone to MMY and asked
his opinion on starting an organization in San Diego, California.
According to this govenor, MMY was against the whole idea and
discouraged him from going ahead with it. Chopra reported this to his
business partner who was going to finance the operation and the
partner got pissed off and gave Chopra a time limit to decide. So
Chopra decided and went off on his own. He wasn't kicked out of the
TMO. This was his personal decision.

<initiate22000@>

> thought he
> it
> > >>

> > > I didn't mean to imply he was kicked out.  My understanding from
> > > someone close to chopra is that the inner tmo circle was making
> life
> > > difficult for him because he was viewed as too independent and
> then
> > > Bevan sent out a letter to the centers saying chopra was
persona
> non
> > > grata in the movt, which came as news to chopra, and when he
> asked MMY
> > > what was going on, he couldn't get a satisfactory answer, so he
> split.
> > >  Maybe chopra was just looking for an excuse to leave and do
his
> own
> > > thing at that point.  Basically I think someone with a practical
> > > independent attitude will ultimately come into conflict with
the
> tmo
> > > inner circle - whether you view it as being kicked out or
> voluntarily
> > > leaving in frustration doesn't matter much.
> > I would really suspect that an Indian growing up in India like
> Chopra
> > could easily call "fie" on what things MMY claimed to be "unique"
> or
> > that TM was some kind of lost technique rediscovered.  That would
> make
> > the TMO very uncomfortable.
>

> Well, then, it should be very easy for you to document other
teachers
> from India -- aside from ones that learned under MMY, such as
Chopra