--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, nablusoss1008 <no_reply@> wrote:
> >
> > Spain is known to be a rather boring place for foreigners
> > who often take do drinking and doing nothing. Well known
> > phenomenon.
>
> Well known to whom? Do you have solid evidence of this or
> are you just making stuff up, like you did about Trotakacharya
> having been a murderer?

Well, I'm pretty sure that Nabby was just making
it up, but he's not that far off the mark when it
comes to *some* foreigners who move to Spain. :-)

In my case, even though I write in bars and about
bars a lot, I don't actually drink very much,
because at my age I can't get away with it. For-
tunately, in Spain there is no "stigma" about
sitting in bars and drinking Perrier or sipping
on the same glass of beer or wine for hours, so
I fit in. Strangely, it is actually more common
to see people drinking *non* alcoholic beverages
at bars and cafes than alcoholic ones. It could
be the heat; drink alcohol during the day or even
on hot summer nights and you'll be fast asleep
before the fun starts.

As for "doing nothing," I'd be willing to bet that
my "nothing" earns me at least 10X more money per
month than Nabby makes as a "photographer." It
certainly earns me more than 10X the average
salary in Spain.

If I were a God freak I'd say "Thank God for the
Internet and the ability to work using it," but
since I'm not I'll just thank Maharishi for it.
I'm pretty sure that sooner or later Nabby will
get around to claiming that Maharishi invented
both.

:-)