I am very familiar with full contact tournaments.  They have many more
rules than a mixed martial arts matches.  It is a great sport.  But we
started the discussion about actual fighting without rules about
takedowns.  One punch one kill is a fantasy perpetuated by people who
stay our of the Octagon.  Hitting someone who doesn't want to get hit
is actually very hard.  Ever spar with a boxer?  All that straight
line traditional attack stuff gets stuffed fast.

> There is no way inder the sun that a grappler will get near an expert
> in Shotokan. It is over before the grappler knows what has happened.

This theory has been falsified many times over.  If you are close
enough to strike, you are close enough to be taken down.  Don't watch
UFC 1-6 if you want to keep your illusions in place. All the one
strike boys end up on the grown tapping out before they pass out.  it
is not that people can't be knocked out by one punch.  Sure they can.
 Its just that it isn't easy to do while someone is taking you to the
ground. Now that all the strikers are cross trained in boxing and Muay
Thai the effectiveness of the traditional karate strikes are very
limited.  Just watch the videos of people actually using the
techniques you are theorizing about.

You talk a good game about scientific studies but you are an
fantasist.  But prove me wrong.  I have provided video references for
my POV.  Show me some examples of strikers staying on their feet
against someone who wants them on the ground.

Like I said the jury has been in for over a decade on this issue.  You
are arguing a flat world theory.  All serious martial arts schools do
cross training unless they are traditionalist who don't do challenge
matches.

> Shotokan people KNOW that that IS A VERY SERIOUS BLOW if full force
> were given. It never is given in the sparring.

Oh reaaaaaallly!  I know all about matches. Now show me how Shotakan
People KNOW this if they don't ever do it in full contact, full power
fights like in UFC?  Actually some brave karate master have.  They
were willing to learn the truth. But as I am finding out, that isn't
your interest is it?

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, off_world_beings <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>