It's amazing that so many people (under the rubric of the agency they
work for or religion they subscribe to -- or both) feel perfectly
justified in fucking with other people's lives.

Until Nixon announced the war on drugs and created the DEA to enforce
the (then) newly introduced Controlled Substances Act, it was
accepted without question that the individual had the constitutional
right to put pretty much anything into their own body.  A criminal
act is just as criminal whether one is stone cold sober or under the
influence of a drug; to criminalize how a person feels after the
ingestion of a certain chemical rather than how they act (whether or
not they are intoxicated) is fundamentally wrong-headed, in my
opinion.

**