In a message dated 12/4/07 2:00:28 P.M. Central Standard Time,
[EMAIL PROTECTED] writes:

In a  message dated 12/3/07 11:58:22 P.M. Central Standard Time,
> [EMAIL PROTECTED] (mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED])   writes:
>
> The hemp industry however would greatly benefit the  economy.
>
> As far as I can tell, the law against pot is a racist  tool to imprison
> African Americans... African Americans
>
> Edg
>

> Using this logic, I  guess if us whities wanted to really get tuff, we
could
> outlaw fried  chicken and watermelon.
It's actually a fact:

"Marijuana was first  outlawed in 1937. Not long after, the feds planned
to conduct a national  raid to round-up black jazz musicians who smoked
pot. The plot failed  because the agents couldn't infiltrate the "jazz
milieu.""

_http://www.talklefthttp://www.http://www.http://ww_
(http://www.talkleft.com/story/2003/06/01/405/84468)

Which  refers to an article (link provided) in the NY Times. This has
been a long  known fact in the drug culture. The image of FBI agents
trying to  infiltrate the jazz scene is hilarious.

But my point is, if it's just a tool to imprison African/Americans, why
would they stop with drug laws?

products.