Richard,
thanks for your courteous reply.  Because of it, you deserve a well-considered
answer, and you shall have it.  Give me a little time, though, because I've got
duties today that must be attended to.  I do respect the feelings for your
country that you have expressed.
Angela

"Richard J. Williams" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Angela Mailander wrote:
 > According to sources that at least seem credible,

 Which sources would that be?

 > my information is that there were exercises going
 > on that day

 Over New York City?

 > in which simulated high-jacked planes were in the
 > air, so that people were confused about real world
 > events and simulated events.

 According to what I've read, any jet fighters would
 have had only a few minutes to fly into New York City
 airspace, locate the hijacked airliners, whose
 transponders had been turned off, and shoot them down.

 But apparently ATC didn't even make a phone call until
 8:37 am EST to inform NEADS that Flight 11 was hijacked.
 The first plane hit the WTC at 9:03 am. The nearest
 airbase is Otis Air Force Base in Falmouth, Mass., and
 Langley Air National Guard Base in Hampton, Va. How long
 does it take for a F-15 to fly from Mass. or Va. to New
 York?

 What do you think?

 > I also read that we normally have surveillance planes
 > in the air 24/7, but on that day of days, they were
 > down, which would be an extraordinary co-incidence.

 According to Popular Mechanics, there were fourteen
 jet fighters aloft in the U.S. at the time of the attack.

 > Now, listen, William, I am willing to have a real
 > conversation about this, but I am not willing to
 > engage in the kind of oneupmanship pissing contest
 > that Judy, for example, likes to have, in which
 > somebody has to be wrong.  I am not interested in
 > that kind of conversation.  And it seems your
 > questions have that tone.

 You brought up the subject, Angela, and it seemed like
 you were trying to suggest that the 9/11 attacks were
 an inside job. I find that offensive that 3000 people
 died at the hands of elements within our own government.

 And I've seen no evidence to support such a claim.

 > Am I wrong?

 You can't prove a negative: do you have any evidence
 that the 9/11 attacks were an inside job? Your main
 source said that NORAD could have scrambled jet fighters
 to what, shoot down the hijacked airliners over New
 York City?