--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Dick Mays <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> http://www.bleepingherald.com/dec2007/vedic-architecture
> Vedic architecture - the power of life-giving principles
> by Cate Montana
>

> On October 25, 2003, a fire began near the
> mountain town of Ramona in San Diego County,
> California. Fueled by acres of dry brush and
> fanned by strong Santa Ana winds, the Cedar Fire
> spread rapidly, burning 273,246 acres, destroying
> 2,232 homes, and killing 14 people. According to
> Jeff Harter, battalion chief of the California
> Fire Plan, California Department of Forestry, the
> speed and ferocity of the blaze "were heart
> stopping."
>
> Jeanette Worland watched the fire approach across
> the hills, while her husband, Paul, hosed down
> the new home he had designed and built according
> to the principles of Maharishi Vedic
> Architecture. Pushed by 40 to 60 mph winds, the
> fire roared up to their home around midnight,
> then made a sudden 90 degree shift and passed
> directly outside of the house's Vastu fence. This
> sudden shift allowed the Worlands to evacuate -
> and it saved the house and everything in or near
> it. After shifting the blaze away from the house,
> minutes later the wind shifted back to its
> original direction and consumed the acreage
> directly behind the home.
>

> The astonishing jog of the fire around the house
> was confirmed the next day by two fire fighters
> who noted with amazement that the fire seemed to
> lack the "desire" to destroy this house. Five
> other Maharishi Sthapatya Ved houses located
> within the fire's path were similarly spared with
> only smoke damage. One of the five was the only
> house among several in a cul-de-sac not to burn.
>

> Fast forward to this year's recent devastation.
> The Worland's and several other people's
> Sthapatya Ved houses were spared again against
> all odds. What happened?

****************

That's nice that some of the Vastu homes survived this year's fire,
but evidently not all, or the article would or should have said that.
Since only a small (10%?) percentage of homes in the Ramona area were
destroyed, I presume that the percentage of vastu homes (there are
only a handful built around the Peace Palace there) that were
destroyed (if there was at least one burned, which is not clear) was
about the same as non-vastu homes:

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=d8sf5l9g1&show_article=1
"A fire that struck Ramona, a city outside San Diego, had destroyed
650 structures [structures includes barns and other outbuildings]."

Ramona is a city with about 5K housing units (
http://ramona.areaconnect.com/statistics.htm ), so although the area
was hard hit, the number of destroyed houses was not overwhelming. It
would be nice to get from the Ramona MSV dwellers an unambiguous
account of whether all the MSV homes escaped fire damage or not.