What a big pile of ridiculous shit!
What about all the vedic houses that burned? What
about all the failed businesses in vedic houses. Just
a huge stinking pile of cult crap. Interesting story,
but pure shit nonethe less.

--- Dick Mays <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

http://www.bleepingherald.com/dec2007/vedic-architecture
> Vedic architecture - the power of life-giving
> principles
> by Cate Montana
>

> On October 25, 2003, a fire began near the
> mountain town of Ramona in San Diego County,
> California. Fueled by acres of dry brush and
> fanned by strong Santa Ana winds, the Cedar Fire
> spread rapidly, burning 273,246 acres, destroying
> 2,232 homes, and killing 14 people. According to
> Jeff Harter, battalion chief of the California
> Fire Plan, California Department of Forestry, the
> speed and ferocity of the blaze "were heart
> stopping."
>
> Jeanette Worland watched the fire approach across
> the hills, while her husband, Paul, hosed down
> the new home he had designed and built according
> to the principles of Maharishi Vedic
> Architecture. Pushed by 40 to 60 mph winds, the
> fire roared up to their home around midnight,
> then made a sudden 90 degree shift and passed
> directly outside of the house's Vastu fence. This
> sudden shift allowed the Worlands to evacuate -
> and it saved the house and everything in or near
> it. After shifting the blaze away from the house,
> minutes later the wind shifted back to its
> original direction and consumed the acreage
> directly behind the home.
>

> The astonishing jog of the fire around the house
> was confirmed the next day by two fire fighters
> who noted with amazement that the fire seemed to
> lack the "desire" to destroy this house. Five
> other Maharishi Sthapatya Ved houses located
> within the fire's path were similarly spared with
> only smoke damage. One of the five was the only
> house among several in a cul-de-sac not to burn.
>
> Fast forward to this year's recent devastation.
> The Worland's and several other people's
> Sthapatya Ved houses were spared again against
> all odds. What happened?
> Miracles are considered the result of divine
> intervention. But miracles have also been defined
> as occurrences which seem inexplicable because
> the laws governing them are so subtle they have
> not yet been discovered. In the case of these six
> homes, the miracle of their preservation depended
> upon principles that had been discovered, only
> many thousands of years ago in India.
>
> Vedic architecture, or Vastu architecture, also
> known as Sthapatya Veda, is a system of
> architecture and city planning based in cosmic
> principles that was learned by the great Indian
> rishis and then recorded thousands of years ago
> in the texts of the Vedas. The Sanskrit word
> Sthapan means to establish. The Sanskrit word
> Veda means knowledge of Natural Law. As such, the
> system of Vedic architecture, which is still
> practiced and taught in India today, applies
> eternal cosmic principles to the built
> environment in which we work and dwell.
>
> In the West, His Holiness Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
> studied the Sthapatya Vedas for many years,
> compiling and organizing much information that
> had apparently been lost and disorganized over
> the centuries. His system, called Maharishi Vedic
> [...]
=== message truncated ===

Looking for last minute shopping deals?
Find them fast with Yahoo! Search.