--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com,
"tomandcindytraynoratfairfieldlis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Curtis writes snipped:
> I wonder if many movement people have any issues with BP?  I would
> think that with a health conscious group this would be kind of a non
> issue.  Certainly not enough to spend this much time on.  Eat well,
> exercise, and hope you don't have a genetic pre-disposition for high
> blood pressure.  Of course I could be way off with our aging
> mediators, maybe some of them have this problem now.

It's interesting referring to ffld meditators as a health conscious
group.  When you observe the sidha group in ffld, it's certainly a
real mixed bad, with an above average number of campus-types looking
not so great.  There is certainly an intense awareness in sidhas of
the importance of the body in their desire for evolution, though
that's mainly expressed in terms of "purity" of the physiology,
balance of the doshas, eating organic vegetarian food if possible.
OTOH, many sidhas while obsessing on their food purity, are clearly
not getting enough protein and B-vitamins and an overamount of
sugar/carbs.  Many of the mental breakdowns in town are associated
with an obsession over purity which leads to not eating properly or
avoiding life in general.  Lack of exercise is my main complaint about
sidhas lifestyle.  MMY's recent ban against it is horrible in my
opinion (for those not knowing about this - MMY said earlier this year
that "exercise is not in our tradition" - Bevan later clarified that
leisurely walk and talks were okay).  I've known so many ffld sidhas
going through physical and especially mental/emotional difficulties
that cleared up with just the addition of a little vigorous exercise
each day.  Meditating may be helping sidhas' BP a little but lack of
exercise then undermines it - the heart is a muscle that needs
exercise.  There are still lots of sidhas waiting for program to cure
their lifelong tendencies toward depression, OCD, paranoia etc. and
refuse to accept that it's not that good a program for those types of
disorders and eventually a lack of attention to these issues can cross
over into health issues.  Of course there are lots of very healthy
sidhas who basically don't go fanatic about anything and  but just
incorporate meditation into their otherwise normal lifestyle which is
a good thing.

PS - very curious to see what happens to purusha and MD as they all
enter their 50s and 60s now and start to have health issues with no
health insurance, no money, often no family support, and they get
kicked out if they get seriously sick.