--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > AP headline today:
> >
> > "Energy Companies Drill with a Conscious"
> >
> > Via Yahoo News:
> > http://tinyurl.com/3b9jr8
>

> It's genuinely sad to hear that: "The U.S. Energy Information
> Administration says 31,587 natural-gas wells were drilled for
> exploration and production in 2006, up from 16,728 just four years
> earlier."   How long can this go on?!
>
> There ARE alternate energy technologies today that are not being fully
> developed and/or implemented that could indeed cut way back on the
> need for fossil fuels.

But at a significantly higher cost than gas, coal and oil. And it is
still a much greater cost on top of that if you want electricity, or
be able to charge ones plug in electric vehicle, at night -- via
batteries storage of solar and wind.

There is technology today that would enable the US and world to be off
oil and gas totally. Its not congress that is stopping that. Its the
consumer who is disinclined to spend 3-4 times as much for energy
(renewables plus battery storage). I am willing to pay it. Are you?

http://www.nwf.org/news/story.cfm?pageId=D5668608-F1F6-7B10-3BE0FD3C6B3475B4