> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:

> > > AP headline today:
> > >
> > > "Energy Companies Drill with a Conscious"
> > >
> > > Via Yahoo News:
> > > http://tinyurl.com/3b9jr8
> >

> > It's genuinely sad to hear that: "The U.S. Energy Information
> > Administration says 31,587 natural-gas wells were drilled for
> > exploration and production in 2006, up from 16,728 just four years
> > earlier."   How long can this go on?!
>
> Good comments, important topic, but I was actually
> calling attention to the horrendous typo in the headline...
>
> It's really even worse than a typo. The headline writer
> apparently thinks "conscious" is the word for that little
> voice in our heads that tells us when we're doing wrong.

Damn. I missed it. But while I'm at it... speaking about being
properly educated, I ran across this today:

Today's college freshmen may not remember much about politics before
President Bush, and the war has been going on for most of their
teenage years. Combine that with the administration's fine line in
disinformational BS and this is what you get:

        I have now received three (3) student papers that discuss
Iraq's attack on the Twin Towers on 9/11. All three papers mention it
as an aside to another point. I've had two papers on the virtue of
forgiveness that argue that if we had just forgiven Iraq for the 9/11
attacks, we wouldn't be at war right now. I just read a paper on the
problem of evil which asked why God allowed "the Iraq's" to attack us
on 9/11. The thing that upsets me most here is that the the students
don't just believe that that Iraq was behind 9/11. This is a big fact
in their minds, that leaps out at them, whenever they think about the
state of the world.

http://crookedtimber.org/2007/12/12/how-things-seep-in/

I wouldn't want BushCo karma.