--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "BillyG." <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >
> > "> Oh dear child, pass the nunnery and seek thee the brightness of a
> > > good whorehouse. Your thoughts have taken up a dark and poisonous
> > > residency of which pleasure is the only antidote."
> >

> > Duuuuude!  I wanted to reply to this post but now I don't have to,
> > thanks!
>
> Boy, talk about childish, why don't you say something intelligent. You
> have the good karma to have known MMY (I assume), and the good karma
> to be on this group, but not the good karma to think intelligently.
>
> Why don't you post something *in context* with this group? isn't that
> what it was intended for by Rick Archer?
>
> The above comments merely reveal the bankruptcy of you own moral life,
> grow up!

Here's a lecture on sex and celibacy that Charlie Lutes gave:

              The Sacred Side of Sex - 4/28/81

   "As one grows spiritually one slowly moves towards celibacy"

Everything in nature comes in pairs; a male and a female expression of
nature, such as in trees, fruits, flowers, animals, and also humans.

In the human it is the feminine or negative side that is passive, but
magnetic. It attracts to itself, it absorbs and stores potential
energy. The male or positive side is electric or charged. When there
is a union between the electric male and the magnetic female, the
couple involved provide a conduit for cosmic force, which flows
through them into the Earth plane with tremendous power. This power
radiated by them, polarizes the surrounding atmosphere. The female at
this time is surrounded by a corona of greenish-blue mystic light.
There is actually a powerful cosmic force surrounding us at all times
that seeks expression through polarization or sexual union. Therefore,
because sex invokes a cosmic force it takes on a sacred meaning, as
well as providing a vehicle for the incoming soul.

Sex cannot be treated as an exercise in eroticism with an orgasmic
overtone. Sex, solely due to the abuse of it, has brought to humans
disease, suffering and death.

Basically, there is nothing wrong with sex. It is the human
misinterpretation and misuse that is wrong. That which is of God and
carries a sacred connotation cannot be profaned by humanity. Yet, it
is true that for millions of people on Earth, sex is the only joy in
life that they know. However, because the human is a self-contained
universe, sex really brings two universes together to produce - by the
holy process of reproduction - a third and, so on ad infinitum.

God, in the process of reproducing himself, merges one part of himself
into another in order to bring forth a third; the trinity functioning
in a triad world. The seeds of immortality are in and a part of the
human. Again, the main thrust of sex is to bring into this world
higher and higher souls and not to profane sex through lust and bring
in lower and lower souls and sow the seeds of destruction in the
world, such as we now see - humans wantonly killing one another.

In the man it is the feminine force that is passive and in the woman
it is the masculine force that is passive, and before either one can
be liberated these forces must be awakened. This is done through the
near perfect union of soul to soul, mind to mind and body to body, a
true affinity. Thereby, a balance in the female magnetic and the male
electric forces is affected. As a result of the merging of the
magnetic and electric forces the two combined create an
electromagnetic field of force that is all-encompassing. The
all-absorbing female force field unites in perfect harmony with the
dynamic and kinetic power of the male in a near perfect union.

The energy generated through this male-female union is far greater
than anything they can generate separately - because acting together
they are able to draw to themselves a great portion of the cosmic
energy that exists around them. This in turn sets every atom into a
higher vibration. Also at this time, because of the polarization
created around them, an impenetrable barrier to every form of evil
that might approach or attack them is established.

Because there is a bio-electrical exchange of energy between two
partners there is an intensification of sensitivity in the body, mind
and soul. The body becomes sensual, the mind becomes more telepathic
and the soul intuitional. This is so because the sexual union unlocks
normally unused power shared between the partners.

The universe itself is one indivisible matrix of cosmic force and this
force is always seeking release or expression through a union of its
opposite energies. So it seeks release in a couple who become a
channel of discharge for this unique force.

Sex between two partners can take them to heaven or it can become
hell, it can bestow greater health or it can cause disease and
disability.

Two right people together in love are one thing, but a wrong couple
together is most certainly another thing. That which has the power to
create also has the power to destroy.

Partners must grow in sex the same as they grow in everything else in
life. Where one partner fails in this relationship the marriage is on
shaky ground. Also, where there is no harmony between two people, sex
can cause a mental and physical breakdown in the female. As a couple
progresses along in their marriage sex should move from the more
physical to a more sacred and mystical experience of fulfillment.

Marriages that are based on a physical-sexual relationship only, are
for the most part doomed from the very beginning. A good healthy
sexual relationship throughout the years of marriage keeps each
partner stimulated and charged, along with keeping them youthful.

However, everything should be kept in balance. If the male is
over-sexed he should not continually force his wife into a sexual
relationship, because he can overcharge her and cause her to become a
nervous wreck and to have violent outbreaks of anger.

On the other hand, if the wife is too demanding sexually she can wear
the man out and drain his energy from him. Couples should, if
possible, sleep together since this is beneficial to both, unless one
of them is ill.

As one grows spiritually one slowly moves towards celibacy. This
occurs through the process of transcending whereby energy and power is
infused from the field of the Absolute Being into the physical world,
thereby overshadowing the physical side of life. However, this is a
long, slow process and not an overnight occurrence.

In humans it is the emotional contact between partners that is the
prime factor. There must be an emotional action and reaction between
them before any bond is established. One person alone cannot forge
such a bond. The other must respond to that emotion before any bond is
established. If the other person responds to your expression of
emotion, then a bond is formed; there is absorbed into you the force
of that reaction and this forms the bond or a continuity of the
relationship that will endure as long as any emotion is exchanged
between a couple. That is, love is being expressed and it may be on
first sight or it may grow as the relationship grows.

Also, karma may dictate the relationship as something from the past
that has to be worked out. In this case love may be missing for the
most part, yet the relationship must be endured. You might say in a
larger sense that it is karma that brings all people together, only
some is negative karma instead of positive karma. So in the overall
sense, marriages are made in heaven. That is, agreed upon before we
arrive on this Earth for this life.

For one partner to decide to become a celibate for one reason or
another and then deny the other a sex release is pure cruelty and is
not the path to spirituality.

As Westerners we are people of action whereas Easterners are more
passive people. Therefore, what may be natural for them can be cruel
to us. It is true that on the road to spirituality one becomes
celibate, but for most people that is a long way off.

For most people, celibacy is simply a case of mood making. Generally
speaking, when one becomes celibate there is no consideration of sex.
Also, their karma will indicate if it is right. Marriage should never
become a burden, but should always be one of mutual consideration,
kindness and love. One great mistake so many make is seeking love
through sex. This doesn't work because sex is a natural extension of
love that already exists.

In the final analysis, the highest sexual pleasure attainable is only
a shadow of the bliss experienced through sexual energy converted into
creative power. This is the real resurrection from death of the flesh
to eternal life. Sexual energy is the link between the material world
and the spiritual. It helps the human spirit to be born into a
material body. Later on it helps the human in his own efforts, using
sexual energy as the means to stimulate and raise his own
consciousness to Divine Cosmic Awareness while still in the body.

~~  Lectures by Charlie Lutes
http://www.maharishiphotos.com/lecture28.html