--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Stu" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> > But I'm replying to say congratulations (in an
> > associated-with-the-project sorta way) for all
> > the Golden Globe nominations for "Pushing
> > Daisies." I hope come Emmy time you get recog-
> > nized personally.
>
> Thanks. The globe nom is a good sign. The Emmys are a long way off,
> September. The awards are nice but they have not done much for my
> career. I do like the recognition though.
>
> > As a dedicated fan, I can't help but notice
> > that the IMDB listings for PD (as for many other
> > series) seem to reflect the writers' strike. No
> > new episodes scheduled at this point, and after
> > a major cliffhanger, to boot.  :-(
>
> Bryan Fuller did not want to cross the picket lines to polish the
> cut.
> That gave me the opportunity to do it myself.  I had a great time.
> There was a lame scene of Emerson giving Abner Newsome the reward
> money to finish that story.  I got to shoot that piece of Abner
> Newsome getting his new heart.  Wrote the narration for that area as
> well. Then replaced the old scene. They gave me a crew for a day to
> make some fixes like that.  Had a really fun creative time.
>
> I am hoping when the strike ends they will let me direct one.

Me, too. Thanks for the info -- it's fascinating
for me as a fan to hear some of the little things
that go into making the whole of a film or TV
episode work. There are just so many of them, and
God really is in the details.

> Keira Knightley – Atonement - So hot she sizzles.
> Angelina Jolie – A Mighty Heart - turns in a surprisingly believable
> performance.  Yet I will never see her the same since the 3D Imax
> version of her in Beowolf.  It haunts my wettest dreams.

LOL.

> Philip Seymour Hoffman – Charlie Wilson's War, he is plain awesome
> in this role.  Picks the whole movie up a notch.

One of my favorites; I'll be looking forward to this movie.

> >    4. ANNA FRIEL – PUSHING DAISIES
> She is soooo cute.  She is tiny in real life.

She could be Thumbelina and I'd still be in love
with her. Perky to the max. These days I keep popping
up on Cadfael and in Timeline and other things she's
done in the past. As you say, SOOOO cute.