--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I'm glad Judy has found such a fine advocate.  Her main point
> does not require much memory: She said my interpretation of
> the ghost's advice to Hamlet was a "gross misreading."  She
> has not shown how and why that is the case, and I don't think
> she can.

Are you not receiving all the posts, or what?

I showed how and why your interpretation was a gross
misreading, in detail, in a post I made a little
after midnight last night. It's #158676 on the Web
site.

Sal's post that you're replying to here was made well
after that--this morning, in fact--so it can't be that
you haven't gotten to mine yet.

*And* I had already explained the misreading in an
earlier post, #152978, when the topic first came up a
few weeks ago. I know you saw that post, because you
replied to it in post #152987.

In that reply you didn't address anything in my
post, however; you just claimed that since I didn't
have your "full interpretation," I couldn't evaluate
it based on a "snippet."

But that "snippet"--i.e., the misreading--was what
you were using to justify your notion that "Hamlet's
theme can be understood as an elaboration" of II:45
in the Gita. Obviously, if you misread those lines,
your whole basis for that interpretation falls
apart, as I documented in my post.

I responded to your claim about the "snippet" in
post #153010 with more about how your interpretation
based on that snippet was way off base. You didn't
reply to that one at all.

> If she cops out because I did not quote her verbatim,
> I'll consider it a concession that her statement was
> ill-founded.

In the first place, your failure to quote had nothing
to do with my analysis of your misreading. It had to
do with your having misrepresented several different
things I'd said in other posts. That's what Sal is
commenting on, so apparently *she* saw the post I made
last night pointing out those misrepresentations.

In the second place, it's not necessary to quote
verbatim if you paraphrase accurately. You didn't
even do that.

Plus which, in your post that I was responding to
last night, you made numerous mistakes in citing
the play itself, misattributing quotes and getting
the sequence of events confused, among other
things.

Now, if you're unwilling to go to the Web site and
look up the posts you either missed or failed to
deal with, and provide a response that actually
addresses what I wrote, you'll have made it pretty
clear that you're unable to do so and are dishonestly
trying to avoid confronting your errors.