> --- "do.rflex" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter
> > <drpetersutphen@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Blah, blah, blah.... Give me experiences, not
> > endless
> > > pep talks of spiritual pornography by a man we all
> > > loved but now know as a spinner of tall tales.
> >

> > Sounds like you're describing Maharishi.
>
> Maybe for some! But I have always found that MMY's
> techniques to be very effective.

So did Charlie Lutes. The main thrust of his continuous unpaid effort,
from his early days taking Maharishi around the world 9 times until 40
years later when he got sick, was to promote and encourage the
practice of Transcendental Meditation.  And unlike what Maharishi is
doing lately with all this phony kingdoms and kings and countries and
bells and whistles clap-trap, he [Charlie] *did* speak from experience
and gave *practical* examples applicable in daily life.

MMY does talk alot
> though, doesn't he? In my early TM days I found it to
> be very valuable, but it isn't so now.

Maybe that's because what you said about Charlie actually does apply
to Maharishi:

"Give me experiences, not endless pep talks of spiritual pornography
by a man we all loved but now know as a spinner of tall tales."

[snip]