I admire Clinton for many reasons, and his lawyerly language maneuvers
is one of them.  He found a loop hole in the simple yes or no
question, "did you smoke pot?"  And it was too clever for his own
good.  It doesn't matter if he inhaled or not, it was his attempt at a
slippery save that is being ridiculed.  No one asked him what THC
level reached his bloodstream.  It was Bill being Bill, and true or
not, it spoke volumes about how he operated as well as the limits of
his brilliance, which is considerable.  I think that is why it is
still a popular reference today, because of his slippery use of
language, not because he may have been lying.  Like his parsing of the
use of the word "is".  It reveals the limits of cleverness.

When Arsinio Hall asked him about how he would answer the question if
he could do it again he said, I would just say "Yes I smoked pot".

The original quote:

"When I was in England, I experimented with marijuana a time or two,
and I didn't like it. I didn't inhale and never tried it again." –Bill
Clinton

Out of the country so not breaking any US laws, (brilliant),
"experimented a time or two" this language makes the not inhaling a
bit suspect, "I didn't inhale", overplays his hand, slick Willy being
too slick, "never tried it again", again emphasizing that no US laws
were broken. That is excellent.

He was breaking new ground being more honest in a hypocritical culture
where someone can get penalized for smoking weed in their youth.  Bush
tried to paint his drug use as "youthful indiscretions".  He dodged a
bullet by not getting specific.  Obama is going to push this envelop
further, and it may cost him the race.  He had better back off the
details cuz people are going to ask him stuff like, did you ever buy
coke with others or for others or share it...

After two terms of the misunderestimated man, I miss old Bill.  A bit
too smart for his own good sometimes, but a hellava lot smarter than me!