--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Brian Horsfield"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  I am glad that more folks are looking into Ron Paul. He's
> certainly very unusual and at first glance his positions seem
> simplistic... like his solution to Iraq "just come home".

FWIW, the more I learn about Ron Paul's positions,
the less appealing (understatement) I find him. If
I thought he had even the slightest chance of being
elected president, I'd be deeply concerned.

> So for people checking out his record it's easy to take this view
> as Brandon has done here.
>
> And I have yet to meet a supporter of his (and I have met
> 100's) who agrees 100% with him on all his positions. But
> there is a deeper message here. That is that the SYSTEM we
> have is not working. It's bankrupting the country, destroying
> confidence in the currency and more.

Most of us on the left, at least, realized that long
before Paul came on the national scene.

> In a nutshell the country and indeed the world is looking to
> Iowans to sort out which candidates are worthy of their attention.
> To me all the Democrats are more appealing than any of the other
> Republicans. But the differences between the Democratic candidates
> is much smaller when compared to Ron Paul.  His solutions are
> worthy of more attention as they are in line with the Constitution
> and he understands monetary policy perhaps better than any of them.

I'm all for the campaign including minor candidates
with nonmainstream ideas. To the degree that they
can get any significant attention, they force the
major candidates to address difficult issues the
latter would just as soon skip over. However...

> At least according to these commentators on CNBC:
> http://www.thelibertypapers.org/2007/11/09/ron-paul-on-kudlow-
company/

...if Kudlow and his cronies like Paul, that in itself
is a good enough reason to be exceedingly dubious about
the viability of Paul's solutions. Kudlow is widely
considered to be a party hack and a fool among the
economically knowledgeable bloggers I read (e.g., Brad
DeLong).