> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "do.rflex" <do.rflex@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, MDixon6569@ wrote:
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it be interesting if Americans chose between a black
> > > Muslim and a white Baptist minister for president?
> >

> > Wouldn't it be nice if xenophobic bigots, racists and outright
> > liars like Dixon would crawl back under their rocks.
> >
> > Obama has never been a Muslim:
> > http://www.snopes.com/politics/obama/muslim.asp
> >
> > CNN Debunks False Obama 'Madrassa' Smear:
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pMgsbMcpOE
>
> See what I was talking about in my earlier reply
> to MDixon's post in which I talked about labels?
>
> John gets upset about one label and responds by
> trying to apply three more to MDixon -- "xeno-
> phobic bigot," "racist," and "liar."

However, the label "liar" in this case at least
has the virtue of being unequivocally factually
accurate.

It's bad enough, if understandable after 9/11,
that the label applied by the liar even carries
a smear value.

But what's truly amazing is that after the
Democrat has been campaigning for 11 months,
this label is still credible enough among many
to be used as a smear against him. It'll be
interesting to see how long it will be before
Republicans have to stop using it because it's
too widely recognized as a lie.

It would also be interesting to know what
percentage of Europeans realize it's a lie at
this point. I'll bet the percentage is a lot
higher than it is in the U.S.

And you'd *think* that expatriate Americans
who have fled the U.S. because of, among
other things, their disgust at the level of
willful political ignorance among their
countrymen would be at least as well informed
as the Europeans, but I guess there are always
exceptions.