--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "dhamiltony2k5"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> FW:
> i am trying to get my mind around Maharishi dying.  i realize that i
> think of him as an immortal value.  i know that i do not have the
> same respect for the words of any other source.  i more than believe
> in his status, i have experienced it.  he has perplexed me, but i
> have no question that the technique that he taught me has worked, and
> i have a level of gratitude for his tradition that i do not have for
> anything else.  as far as i'm concerned, there is no one to replace
> him.  i don't know what it means to be without one's teacher.  i am
> suspecting that it will feel very different.  i am assuming that i
> will feel that there is no ultimate arbitrator, and that will make me
> feel adrift.  that the world has returned to argument only. that the
> transcendent has lost its best articulator.  i don't think that i
> will feel that Nature speaks english anymore.  i will be concerned
> about losing my way.  <

I think that such posts are valuable in that
they point out something that many of us who
have distanced ourselves from MMY and the TMO
sometimes forget -- the level of dependence
on him and his "guidance" that some TBs still
feel. It's a really big deal for such people
when the teacher who's basically told them
what to do and what to think for 30 years is
about to quit the scene.

I've seen it before, with the Rama trip. I
walked away from that trip a couple of years
before Rama walked away from living, but boy!
it was rough watching some of those who hung
in till the end go through dealing with his
death. It took many of them ten years to be
able to live life on their own, *without*
being told what to do. Some never even tried,
and dived straight from the Rama trip into
the "guiding hands" of another guru. A few
took what they'd learned and developed lives
of their own.

All I can say is that as drama goes, watching
a spiritual movement when its leader dies is
right up there with Shakespeare. Some of it
is tragedy, some comedy, but it's all extreme,
and these impassioned posts we're seeing for-
warded here are just the beginning.