I don't know about many of these, but I can tell you for sure that
Bevan Morris never said, "come to FF or a nuclear war will start." He
is not stupid. He chose his words carefully. I remember it well. Some
people did get the wrong idea, along the lines of what you "quote,"
and spread it around, and Bevan specifically and in public asked them
to call all the people they had told this to and tell them they had
been mistaken -- that they had got the message wrong.