> <curtisdeltablues@> wrote:
> >

> > > Yeah, but what does it mean to "sit easily"?
> >
> > In hypnotic language theory
>
> Look, if you're going to start claiming TM is
> hypnosis, forget it.

I was using a description of the language used.  That is how I
understand it's "meaning".  It is a specific language form that is
shared by all instructions meant to shift a person's attention. It is
found in meditation instructions and also hypnosis.

If you feel confident that you are clear on the differences in the end
states fine. I am not pitching my POV, I was answering your question.

I don't believe that scientists know enough about either states to be
sure of anything at this point, so I am not saying meditation IS
hypnosis.  But when it's instructions share the language form I notice
it.  We do know something about the effect of non specific
instructions on people.  They fill in their own meaning.