Hey, Bhairitu,
Check out this link:
http://aa.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=2c52v8ajekrtg

It's an article about an alleged plan by the government to treat a pandemic
(like bird flue) like a military emergency.  I.e. declare martial law (in
essence) and treat sick folks as if they were enemies putting them in camps
(what kind of camps is anybody's guess).

As the article points out, this would be ineffective for treating a pandemic
since it would motivate people to avoid quarantine by any means at their
disposal.

So, maybe, that's the point? And we get martial law in the process.
Please note:  I am sounding very scared.