--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Angela Mailander
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Hey, Bhairitu,
> Check out this link:
> http://aa.mg2.mail.yahoo.com/dc/launch?.rand=2c52v8ajekrtg
>
> It's an article about an alleged plan by the government to treat
> a pandemic (like bird flue) like a military emergency.

It isn't an "alleged" plan; Bush announced it in
October 2005, and it's been a topic of discussion
ever since.

And you've screwed up the link. It isn't to the
article you describe.

Here's a detailed post outlining the various pros
and cons (with a discussion of the recently
released ACLU report, which has certain
weaknesses):

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/1/20/84731/7459/727/439636

  I.e. declare martial law (in essence) and treat sick folks as if
they were enemies putting them in camps (what kind of camps is
anybody's guess).

> As the article points out, this would be ineffective for treating a
pandemic since it would motivate people to avoid quarantine by any
means at their disposal.