Vaj....you have hurt my faith in humankind's intellegent
potential....since I fully intend to gather all research -- for, or
against TM -- that is published in peer-reviewed respected scientific
journals, since I AM THE ONLY RATIONALIST on FFL...

...the rest of you are Bush/Rove/Cheney lookalikes, that are like
flacid-cock-licking_turdmen, wether you are for TM or against
it....If you support it, or agianst,  without validation in peer-
reviewed respected scientific journals...more than 5 verified related
studies published. YOU ALL are reptiles and worms who do not stand
with me on this....and you anti-science freaks will fall... and we
shall rise.

Only research published in peer-reviewed respected scientific
journals will be considered valid in the 20th century. The rest
belong in the dustbin of history.....unless of course you want to
take us back to the dark ages, like GW Bush and Osama Bin Laden do.

Sorry Vaj...let me know when you have research published in peer-
reviewed respected scientific journals.

Maharish has hundreds of them.

Get a life boy.

OffWorld

> On Jan 24, 2008, at 5:34 PM, off_world_beings wrote:
>
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajranatha@> wrote:
> > >
> > > The Uniqueness Lie: Exposing the Lies of TM research, one at a
time.

> > > The uniqueness lie and the hypometabolic lie.
> > >
> > > Question: Does TM, as is still touted in TM tracts, produce a
> > > "hypometabolic" state, i.e a 16% drop in oxygen consumption?
> > >
> > > Answer: No.
> > >
> > > 3 groups of 9 TM meditators were studied to see if the claim of
> > 16%
> > > decrease in oxygen consumption could be replicated. The sample
> > > included both males and females and novice as well as long-term
> > TMers.
> > >
> > > Researchers found TM did not produce Wallace's claims of -16% O2
> > > consumption. Researchers Pagano and Warrenburg instead found the
> > > following:
> > >
> > > "As one reviews the data...the outstanding features are the
> > similarity
> > > of and relatively small changes in VO2 which occurred during
> > practice
> > > of TM...The 4% decrease in VO2 found during treatment for the TM
> > group
> > > is considerably less than Wallace's reported 16% decrease and
> > calls
> > > into question his claim that the state produced by TM is
> > > "hypometabolic".
> > >
> > > Meditation: In Search of a Unique Effect. Robert R. Pagano and
> > Stephen
> > > Warrenburg.>>
> >
> > In which peer-reviewed respected scientific journal was this
> > published?
>

> The textbook and research compendium Consciousness and Self-
> Regulation: Advances in Research and Theory, Volume 3. Edited by
> Richard J. Davidson (SUNY), Gary E. Schwartz (Yale U.) and David
> Shapiro (UCLA).
>
> "...this series is of considerable importance for professionals
and
> students in clinical, social and cognitive psychology." -
Contemporary