<snip> What's more curious, however, is the dislike for and feel-
> ings of superiority towards Buddhism that *Jim* feels.
> (Again, don't make me go back to the archives to prove
> this; it's well established in his posts, and has been
> for years.) Where did *that* come from? Jim's never been
> a TM teacher; he hasn't spent long periods of time "on
> courses" or in TM communitites where he could become
> as brainwashed as Nabby has.
>
> But he displays the TM "Buddhism is bad" and "TM is better
> than Buddhism" mentality to a "T."

FYI--

San Francisco Asian Art Museum
AsiaAlive: Korean Buddhist Art
Date: Friday, January 18, 2008
Start Time: 12:00 pm   End Time: 4:00 pm
(Time Zone: US/Pacific)
Location: (Bogart) North Court

Category: Demonstrations and Activities

Description
Inspired by the hugely successful series on traditional Korean
Buddhist arts in 2003, the museum is thrilled to present another
artist residency by three gifted Korean monk/artists: Seol Min
seunim (a female monk and master painter formerly called Jae U
seunim), Myung Chun seunim (also a renowned artist), and Sung Ryun
seunim. The program will consist of painting demonstrations and
hands-on activities for the public. Visitors may create their own
woodblock prints of a Buddhist sutra, the "Heart Sutra," (Banya
Simgyeong in Korean), as well as create rubbings of the Buddha and a
stone pagoda. The program will culminate on January 20 with a sacred
eye-opening ceremony of two hanging scrolls that the monks are
donating to the museum.

In 2003, Seol Min seunim completed a new painting of the Guardian
King of the West, which she then donated to the Asian Art Museum. To
see photographs related to this program, please click here.

You should have been there Barry- I was. My wife made a wonderful
rubbing of an image of Buddha. The Buddhist monks were painting when
we were there. Also it was amazing to wander the galleries and look
at the many statues of Buddha and Hindu gods. Filled with silence. I
will be back!

PS Just for contrast, I haven't visited a TM facility in about ten
years.