Rick, yours was the suutra, the pith of what we were both saying.

When I get a new criminal case, I always start framing the theory of
the case and the 'theme' to use for the jury to evaluate all the
evidence they'll hear.  For instance, "This is a case of self
defense" would be the theory and the theme might be "[Defendant's
name here] was just a guy grabbing a beer after work on a Friday
night when he was attacked by the drunken troublemaker, [name of
victim here], who has a criminal record of violence".

Like political rhetoric, you're always looking for the velcro meme.

**