--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Marek Reavis"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
<snip>
  I'd like to see far more time and effort spent
> to understand the cultural personality that fosters (or at least
> doesn't suppress) the type of violence that we see perpetrated
> under the banner of Islam.  Rather than just say that they are
> our 'enemies', we have to figure out what have we done and what are
> we doing -- in their eyes -- that stimulates such hatred.  We can
> deal with terrorism more effectively (IMO) if we have, as you point
> out, a paradigm shift in how we see the problem and how we address
> it.

Last two paragraphs of a pro-McCain post on The
Corner, the group blog of the right-wing National
Review (most of whose members have been strongly
anti-McCain and are struggling to come to terms
with the likelihood that he'll win the nomination):

"In short, anyone who saw the Democratic debate Thursday night can
envision the new future on their horizon: identity politics and self-
congratulation over race and gender; tax increases (back to estate
tax hikes, income tax rates go up, payroll tax caps lifted, etc);
internationalism for the sake of internationalism (defer to the U.N.,
E.U., apologies for past conduct, *contextualizing terrorism*), more
government (teachers, the poor, the middle class, etc. all need new
government programs to add to those we have), and legislating judges
(more Ginsburgs and Breyers). (emphasis added)

"Given all of the above, I don't think it's in the interest of
conservatives for much longer to worry about McCain's class ranking
at Annapolis or how many planes he was nearly killed in."

I'm pretty sure this dude would refer (with a shudder)
to what you just advocated above as "contextualizing
terrorism." The horror...