----- Original Message -----
  From: Ben Gilberti
  To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
  Sent: Sunday, February 03, 2008 2:39 PM
  Subject: [FairfieldLife] What Is Not A Thought

  This is just a very tiny insight.

  What is not a thought?  What's more real than thought?

  Now don't get excited, this insight is very tiny.

  Consider this.  2+2=4     Is that a thought?

  Here's the thing.   You clearly can have the thought 2+2=4, that's obvious.
BUT IT'S NOT JUST A THOUGHT!    The only reason that the thought 2+2=4 is of
any interest is because IT REPRESENTS A PRINCIPLE!

  A principle is a thought as well. And by the way: The proof for 2+2 being 4
is depending on your underlying principles (axiomatics). And these are just
thoughts :-).

  And 2+2 can also be more, if you look from the point of view of quality (see
Maharishi effect as best example).

  The principle is that if you put together two of anything twice you going to
ALWAYS get four.

  The reason why that principle is not a thought, even though you can only
think of it AS a thought, is because that principle is ALWAYS TRUE regardless
of whether anyone thinks it or not.

  Nothing can be true without having been thought. The moment you do not think
it, it is just not there, not existing.

  And it's true at all times, in all places, and under all conditions.

  That is a postulate but not a truth as such. A truth is always relative,
depending of preceding prerequisites. If it was absolute it would not be a
truth.

   So it's a universal principle.  And it would still be true even if everyone
in the universe was convinced that 2+2=5.   Wouldn't matter.  The principle
would still be just as true.

  This is not a proper argument. The universality of a principle is not
dependent on a wrong or false believe. It is dependent on raised theories,
which can be either verified or falsified. But if you think they would be true,
then this is just a believe.

  Like I say, it's tiny. But it may have enormous implications.  It would mean
that LIFE is intimately connected with universal principle.

  Seems to be the case.

  Now consider this.  All the protons, neutrons, electrons and all the stuff
those fellas do, are are all described by mathematical principles that define
all their characteristics.  In fact some Physicists say that they're only
"occasions of characteristics" themselves, or in other words, only occasions of
principle.  Principle that was just as real in the middle ages when no one had
any THOUGHTS about it, principle that is no more real now that 834 Atomic
Physicists are thinking thoughts about it all the time.

  It may have been real, but that is our thought. Therefore a principle is a
thought :-).

  So what, Ben?  Just like principle is beyond all thought, Life is beyond all
your insights.  Life isn't something to understand, you hopeless egghead; Life
is something to be experienced.

  I do not know, what the egg-head said, but he is right: Life is insight, life
is thought, life is experience, these are all aspects or variations of the same
principle, which again can manifest as an insight, a thought or an experience.

  Ok, well then, how can one EXPERIENCE PRINCIPLE?

  Can you guess what the Ultimate Universal Principle would be?

  GOD!  Maybe God's not only that, but He surely is that at least!

  It's you, that is God.

  And how do we experience God?

  "Thy will be done!"

  Sounds a bit spacy.

  And now wait till you hear this!

  First listen to these guys, David Swarup & Jeff Hijlkema, playing music by
just listening to God, not knowing what they're going to play till they play
it.
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=116913507&blogID=349306059

  So they are listening to themselves, otherwise I personally would like to get
name, address, mobile-and social security numbers of this "GOD".

  No, come on now, take three minutes to listen to that, just click on it, and
then listen.

  (pause)

  Now remember what they said about how they played?   "an amazing acoustic and
a magic improvisation -- we did not say a word..it came to us in the moment
from the beginning till the end!
  Thanks up there!:):):):)"

  That's the way how inspiration or music should function.

  This is what we're all after, to be Life-inspired in every moment, in all we
do.

  A new revelation or recognition ?

  I've noticed it beginning to happen in some things between me and Mary; and
in some emails I write, not anything I post as yet, just one on one emails,
when I don't think, I just write, and it's perfect for it's purpose, and I know
if I gave it any thought I would never have written what I did.

  This is a poetical description of how thoughts may function but this is not a
science-theoretically or philosophically appropriate consideration. The same
way as if you stated, that Pizza would be "no food for you" even though it
obvioulsy would seem to be food for others.

  And there was a period several years ago I got into this Life-inspired zone
somehow and there'd be 30 or 40 people waiting for a Class, and I'd leave my
notes behind and would say what came to me to say in each moment, without
knowing what I would say next till the next moment came, all day long, from
nine in the morning till nine at night. (with breaks of course)

  But then somehow I lost it and had to teach from notes again.  And it never
extended into any other areas of my life, or only did very, very rarely.

  This must be a matter of Mind to Life.   Is it not?  Or is this different?

  Or is it all so simple as "my will" is Mind, and "Thy will" is Life?

  Thy will and my will have to match, then it's life. None of them make sense,
standing for themselves only.

  Is that it? If it is so, it is that ;.).

  Listening to God surely isn't a matter of tuning into how some infinite dude
wants things to go!  God is at the very least infinite universal principle.

  You seem to go in the right direction, but it sounds a bit theoretical.

  But who cares?  So what?

  The EXPERIENCE is surrender to "Thy will be done."  That's all you need to
know.

  Surrender means, you take initiative and God will guide you. There is no
other way.

  Tiny insights would only get in the way.  So forget all I wrote.  It will
only get in the way.

  In which way ? Tiny insights seem to be always good. They may prevent you
from getting stubborn.

  Much Love,

  Ben

  Hagen