> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > on 6/5/05 12:54 PM, jim_flanegin at [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > >
> > > Too often though there seems to be the implied, 'hey if you
sleep
> > > with me, that ol' evolution meter of yours will advance several
> > > degrees...guaranteed...'. Perhaps this is what the student
thinks
> on
> > > their own, or this idea manifests itself as a result of the
culture
> > > around the teacher, or it is stated explicitly by the teacher.

If the relationship is teacher to student I feel it is almost always
abusive because of this imbalance of power. Power is one of the
greatest tests in life - and if one has power the test is how to use
it responsibly and with awareness. Like all gifts - for instance
having a lot of money I don't think is a sign of being evolved (as
the TMO seem to indicate) but a test - how are you going to use it?
I've had a life where I had a lot of money, and gave it all away
because ashamed of the profligacy of my family, then went into a
monastery - in this life I've experienced insecurity because I
deprived some members of my family of their inherited security. In
another life I starved to death. It's all part of the pattern - and
about what choices you make around what you have. A very beautiful
woman has to learn about the power she has - does she seduce men or
use that power wisely? But the position of teacher always has that
element of possible seduction - the question is always - is the
recipient in a place of choice?