"Actually, in the TM movement it's even stranger.
 The guys who have the title of "Raja" not only
didn't get the title in lieu of a raise, they
had to pay their boss one million bucks for the
title. No, I'm not kidding."

HOLY Jai Guru Deva-Dip, Batman!!! This story just gets better and better. A
million bucks
to be called "Raja"? Who are these people? Where can I meet one? Just goes to
show a
spiritual sucker is re-incarnated every day. P.T. Barnum would be green with
envy.
Hilarious!!!!

 "Don't assume that everyone here takes seriously
the things that the TM movement takes seriously."

You mean to tell me there are actually people involved in all this nonsense,
who see the
con behind the "Maharishi Iron Curtain".... and still go along with it? Well,
that's downright
obtuse. What you're describing is a "sheep" mentality normally associated with
people who
have been institutionalized. Either that, or they are so trapped financially in
Fairfield that
feel they have no choice but to go along with this assault on their common
sense. Call me
crazy, but it sounds like these folks are living under a spiritual tyranny to
me. I must have
missed that section of the Bhagavad Gita. Please tell me you're pulling my leg.

"If you get off on mocking the afflicted and feel-
ing superior to them (which seems to be the
case), you might want to aim your own lack of
humility at the right targets."

Duly busted. But hey, you're in America and poking fun at people & things that
take
themselves too seriously is a constitutional right. Getting around that first
amendment of
of the Constitution is pretty tough even there in Fairfield. Sorry. The TM
Movement,
smothered in its ludicrous titles and huckster financial scams is a prime
target for ridicule
if there ever was one. Surely, even the powers that be must see that setting up
monarchy, printing confederate money, and calling themselves things like your
Majesty in
IOWA is beyond absurd. Ever heard the expression, "delusions of grandeur"?
"Power has a
way of undermining judgment, of planting delusions of grandeur in the minds of
otherwise
sensible people and otherwise sensible nations." Another expression for this is
of a person
suffering from Megalomania.... a person convinced of their own genius and
omnipotence.
Sound like anyone we know? Spiritual Megalomania is another section of the
Bhagadvad
Gita I seem to have missed. Maybe the reason Arjuna hesitated in killing the
Kauruvas was
he was thinking about the revenue he would lose from the Joytish & Amrit Kalash
concession. Do ya think? Really TurquoiseB, you're better than all this TM
hog-swallow. If
you want to work for a tyrant, you can do a lot better with some sleazy
corporation on the
outside that pays a decent wage and has a good dental plan... and there's no
his Majesty
this or his Holiness that.... you get to call the boss the same name everyone
else does...
Mr. Asshole.

Best regards,

Raja "Funeral Gawker" ( I didn't pay a dime for that title)