--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "lurkernomore20002000"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>  <wvansant111@> wrote:
>
> Also,seeing some of the realities at the Ideal Girls School was an
> interesting experience. Seeing that reality did not match
> the "ideals."
>
> Do you care to share what some of these inconsistencies were?

I'm referring mainly to the kids themselves. They were a sweet group
of kids who I loved very much. But aside from a few who seemed
unusually bright and creative, most of them were just "normal" kids.
I think it was damaging and kind of cruel for any teenager who is
learning about life and making mistakes that its normal to do at that
age to have the label "ideal girl" put on her. Then some things
happened (girls sneaking out with boys) and when the truth of what
happened came out it became clear that many of them were actually
much more rebellious than the "norm." Some of the stuff they were
doing was pretty wild, in my opinion because they were being
repressed and controlled in every other area of their life. I just
learned a lot by witnessing that experience. And bottom line, I
blamed MD for being so naive as to have a bunch of teenagers without
a guard in the dorm. They didn't have to try hard to sneak out and MD
is extremely lucky nothing bad happened to them.

I've met some amazing children who grew up in the movement but I
think maybe its due to their TM practice and the qualities
that "spiritual" families tend to have...growing up with parents who
supported them, inspired to strive for high goals and being open
to 'field of all possibilities). I toured MSAE and actually felt
pretty good about that school (although I would be extremely cautious
every step if my kids went there) but the MD school was way too
dogmatic and seemed like a risky experiment how kids would react in
that environment.