--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, boyboy_8 <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Yes, I am aware of that.  Years ago when I first started my
interest
> into meditation, I read "Autobiography of a Yogi" (highly
> recommended) and got hold of a big Indian Philosophy book (still
have
> it).  Read "Holy Science" by Swami Yuketeswar (very highly
> recommended and was just reading some last night).
>
> After all these years I am still as bamboozled by what the
> Upanishads mean by those references.  It is very interesting to
> read about and as such it would shed much need insight for
> me....trying to understand the hyper-complex Indian religious
> maze.

FWIW, MMY's teaching is that of Advaita Vedanta,
the most radically nondual of all the varieties
of Indian thought. Its nondualism is so rigorous
that its essence cannot be conveyed in words
without contradiction/paradox/infinite regress.

If you're interested, you might want to get ahold
of a copy of Ken Wilber's book "Eye to Eye." The
chapter toward the end, "The Ultimate State of
Consciousness," does a great job of explaining
why and how Advaita is so paradoxical. (Wilber
isn't a TMer.)