> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Peter <drpetersutphen@>
> > wrote:

> > > Why? In my personal interactions with Chopra many
> > > moons ago he always  came across as a pretty straight
> > > shooter.
> >
> > He's just a *little* too much at the center of the
> > story he tells, and he's just a bit too good of a
> > story teller, too smooth. It set off my B.S.
> > detector.
> >
> > But more specifically, he's been quoted in published
> > news stories telling two competing versions of why
> > the Beatles left Maharishi: first, that they had been
> > using drugs and MMY threw them out; and then that there
> > were rumors of MMY coming on to a woman at the ashram,
> > and the Beatles left in disgust. Both accounts have
> > been posted here, the first one awhile back, the
> > second since MMY died.
> >
> > I think most of us here were surprised to hear him
> > telling the drugs version. Some suggested he was
> > trying to repair his relations with the movement
> > by telling the version that reflected MMY in a
> > better light.
> >
> > Whatever, he appears to be playing some kind of game,
> > and I just don't trust him not to make up details
> > that reflect *himself* in a better light.
> >

> Or, more likely, putting himself in the center of the story when itw as
> someone else who
> did specific things. I wouldn't doubt that MMY was under the care of Chopra's
> father at
> some point. I wouldn't doubt that he was seriously ill, even apparently dead
> or in a
coma.
> And the worry of his nephews sounds about th right. I India, even more than
> the USA<
appearance is everything, it seems.

> But you're right, it does sound a tad "neat" that Chopra was there for every
> single aspect
> of that incident.
>

> Lawson

Your and Judith's remarks about Chopra's (quite open and honest IMO) article in
the
Huffington Post reveal an obvious agenda against him.

In the past day we've had Bevan talking about Maharishi being worshipped by all
the gods
in heaven as truth "beyond our ken to understand" and Deepak opening up about
his time
with MMY.

I know which report I'll use Judy's "salt shaker" with.