--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Hagen J. Holtz"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Sometimes it is difficult to distinguish between a "woo-woo"
> and a person, who has no problems to go one step further. It
> seems too often as if the world was only distinguishable
> between the normal crazy ones (the main stream) and the
> real crazy guys (those, who are not able to stand the
> monotony of the main-stream anymore but do not find
> balancing alternatives and therefore tilt). I was always
> interested in those, who just fell somewhere in between.

You'll find a few here. :-)

You'll also find a few for whom the woo-woo
reactions extend to their claimed experiences,
not just intellectual theories about things.
To quote Roy Batty, "I've seen things you
people wouldn't believe..."

> And only, I assure you, for practical reasons. It is the realm,
> where you really will find joy of surfing on the wave. But
> indeed, "pegasus' flying behind the moon-theories" had also
> never been of great interest for me. Matters have to be always
> lying on the border of what could be possible or at least probable.
>
> Thanks for at least having found out that I do not seem to be
> totally "woo-woo". ´You seem to be a good doctor and so it
> gives hope to me (for others and for myself as well) :-))).

Just for the record, since you may have me
confused with some other poster, I am not a
doctor. The closest I've ever gotten to that
status is "playing doctor," something I was
fond of in my youth and never outgrew. :-)

Stupid stuff.)

> [...]
>   >
>   > Now you're starting to sound like Steven Wright. :-)
>   >
>   > Schauberger, similar like Tesla, was able to deliver plans, where it
>   would have been able to conctruct machines working with so-called
>   "zero-point" or "space-energy". This was a great thorn is the eyes of
>   certain people, and it was interesting that Texans of all people came
>   to buy him out from the market. So most of his plans must still be
>   lying somewhere locked in a safe in your country. By the way, it was
>   also interesting that, for the sake of consistency of Einstein's
>   theory the idea about the existence ether (akasha) in physics got
>   obliterated. This leads even to the inconsequence, that light for
>   example does not have any media left, through which to travel. One
>   should write a book about all "life-lies" in nature sciences and
>   publish it along with more consecutive theories. I hope that a good
>   team of meditators would do it in some especially founded
>   research-institute. Time seems to be ripe.
>   >
>   > Seriously, if you feel like it, can you explain
>   > how you find the Schauberger saying above profound?
>   > Funny, I can see it being. But you seem to see some
>   > profundity in it that I do not.
>   >
>   > It would blast this forum to go deeper into it by now but the
>   profundity of his sayings is striking. He also found out that an
>   equilibrium is never a 1:1 case but a 2:1 event, and his reasoning is
>   striking. You will really get "fever" from it and your brain will be
>   starting to work in double speed, like a horse, which cannot be
>   harnessed anymore. Peter Plichta is one of the modern representatives
>   of these ideas, but still moderate enough not provoke people to call
>   him totally mad. Plichta, by the way was the first to generate the
>   Diesel-oil from silicon.
>   >
>   > Also, I'm intrigued by "the interests of economical
>   > thinking" and "annihilated by clever forces." Both
>   > of these seem to be a veritable goldmine of weirdness
>   > that I just can't wait to hear about. Really.
>   >
>   > There are so many inventions, which could make the world's economics
>   come to a sudden halt, starting from the everlasting nylon-stocking,
>   continuing with the unbreakable car, the non-destroyable bulb, the
>   washing machine based on sonographic waves up to the energy unit in
>   every house, which could make the individual be totally independent
>   from any power company. I wished for a team, working on it in joint
>   effort, re-designing a new economic world beyond capitalism and
>   communism, just going by the synergetic effects in nature. I will soon
>   be opening a website, where I will be advertising for it. The group
>   should grow up to 10,000 participants, so that we add to the so-called
>   "Schumann-waves" anothers fascinating chapter regarding
brain-development.