TM is a spiritual Enron - there's a good turn of phrase!
People and pedestals. He never got the feedback that an honest
business man gets? I just don't know, he's cutting everyone loose ? I
can't figure it.

JohnY
---------------------------

Spiritual Enron is an excellent turn of phrase.

This quite nicely sums up everything since 1967 (when Maharishi is
said to have declared his mission a failure and that he was retiring
into silence). The Beatles, of course, scotched that quickly enough.
I am sure he had several plan B's, anyway.

His fame as a result of association with the rich and famous Beatles
gave him carte blanche to rather more vigourously do as he damn well
pleased.

But note how he first trained massive numbers of teachers. Then he
sold them all his schemes. I think that that makes Donald Trump look
like a watch salesman on a street corner!

Many of us watched the women follow him out of the lecture hall late
at night, but we were too stoned on rounding to put two and two
together.

Later, when others put it together for us, well, y'gotta give the old
nutter credit, he could pull the polyester over the best eyes! What a
magician.

He gave us one thing: returning to the foundation of meditation as
effortlessly as the experience of thought.

I am grateful for that. It has made my much more worthwhile spiritual
pursuits much more satisfying, much more rewarding and productive.

The rest was all smoke, mirrors and just plain 'spiritual enron'. Now
he has said that teachers teaching outside his looney organization
can, in effect, do as they please. Those who want re-indoctrination,
oops, re-certification can pay through the nose and experience TMO
hell into the bargain.

As someone at alt.meditation.transcendental opined, this will give
King Tony (what a laugh) a tight little coterie of brain-dead lackies
to start his new kingdom with.

Maharishi is a laugh-riot, right to the end and polyester by the mile.

Tony and his zombies will slowly deteriorate into oblivion. The
remaining teachers will probably propagate their own mythos about TM,
Maharishi and the dark ages they survived to once again bring forth
the one and only thing Maharishi ever had: as easily as.

The wait cannot be long. We will simiply see what we sill see. There
will always be those who put their spin upon it and others who deny
they see anything at all. When was it ever any different?