Tom's little anecdote recounted below is the reason I post
anonymously.

I haven't been on a TM course in a decade or so but I always
entertain the fantasy of going back on a course at some point.  I
have had really incredible experiences on courses and want to have
that option available to me.

Plus I have a profound fear of rejection.

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Tom" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I received a call at my work a year or two ago that I found
strange. The caller said he was
> calling on behalf of the local TM center. Might have mentioned he
was purusha. He had
> one of those affected voices that I always found somewhat
troubling. Kinda like the lead
> in on the old 70's tapes. "The dawning of the AAAAAAAAge of
Eeeennnnnnnlightenment".
> Otherworldly. He asked me a series of questions about my
involvement with "The
> Movement". I explained that I really didn't have a very high
opinion of the "Movement"
> and what I had seen of national leaders such as Bevan and Haglin
was not very positive.
> Might have even gone so far as to refer to Bevan as pompous
and "his immensity". Oops.
> Referred to liking the people running the local center very much
but felt the "Movement"
> was flakey, disorganized, inefficient, and at the root of why they
were not more
> successful. I had not had much contact with the center since I was
very put off when they
> wanted me to sign legal documents helping create the Natural Law
Party entity in our
> state. Explaining that I still valued "the teachings" I had
received and continued my
> practice then bid him a good day, wished him good luck and good
bowling. It was clear
> he was making notes, perhaps adding to a file.
>
> I later wondered what would happen if I ever visited Fairfield
again and tried to obtain a
> badge for the dome. A strong feeling was in my gut as to the
outcome. Didn't dwell on it
> long as it didn't bother me.
>
>  Later still I discovered this forum. Reading early posts to get
acquainted, I was not really
> surprised by the actions that seemed to give FFL its birth. Somehow
I picked up on the

<curtisdeltablues@> wrote:

> > The idea that they have to wade through my nonsense here really is
> > rich!  I suppose they compile little lists of dissidents and read
them
> > to each other in quiet, quiet voices. Oh the pain of having to put
> > their precious "attention" on such negativity!  (I guess I do
still
> > have some movement authority issues after all these years...)
> >
> > No wonder so many people feel compelled to post anonymously here.
Just