TurquoiseB wrote:

>>> Yeah, right. That's why your posts are full of
>>> conspiracy theories.  :-)
>>>
>>> Traveling to get one's head into a different
>>> psychic space is NOT sticking one's head in
>>> the sand. It's an exercise in learning what
>>> you seem to be denying, that one IS affected
>>> by the psychic environment one lives in.
>>>
>>> Want to find out what that psychic environ-
>>> ment is like? Well, you CAN'T from within it.
>>> You have to get away for a while, to somewhere
>>> very different psychically. While there, prac-
>>> tice mindfulness. Then, when you go back home,
>>> practice mindfulness there and see how your
>>> mindset changes.
>>>
>>> You'll be surprised.
>>>

>> Hey, I enjoy conspiracy theories like some folks enjoy good spy
>> thrillers.  Nothing wrong with that.  However mindfulness is
>> also being aware of your surroundings and what is going on it
>> and of course attempt to fix things you don't like.  And much
>> of what is on the conspiracy sites winds up being mainstream
>> news a couple months or so later. Nothing wrong with being
>> ahead of the game. Apparently you like Willy think I'm running
>> around scared all the time or something.  Man I'm too busy
>> watching movies to do that. :D
>>

> Whatever floats yer boat, dude. :-) Seriously, I
> can kinda get conspiracy theories as entertainment.
> That's what I look at them as.
>
> As for movies, here's an exercise in mindfulness
> for you, one that you might appreciate given your
> love for the Celluloid Goddess. This is actually
> one I got from Rama, so take it with a grain of
> salt, but I've had really remarkable results with
> it, and recommend it highly as a way to gain some
> insight into whether or how much your thinking is
> influenced by your psychic environment.
>
> Got a movie you really love? I mean *love*, as in
> being willing to see it over and over again?
>
> See it in different cities in different parts of
> the world. Be mindful each time you see it,
> "listening" as it were to the *types* and the
> *quality* of the thoughts you are thinking during
> the same movie in a different place.

I'm not much into spending a bunch of cash to see a movie I can see just
as well in my home theater.  Besides I've never found the pause or
rewind button in those theaters yet.   Most of my friends that I saw
movies with have moved away and most just came to my house to see them
here on my big screen.   We occasionally went to see a film in a theater
but were often bugged by the rudeness and unruliness of the great
unwashed.  Most theater going I do is at my digital theater up the hill
and for some reason people are more polite around here but those are
matinees and when I go I may actually be about the only person there.
And yes sometimes when there are more people and only if they stick
around until after the credits then we may chat a little about the
film.  When "Cloverfield" opened the manager was asking folks about how
they liked the film.

Mindfulness is just about having a quiet mind to begin with and I have
some great techniques for that.  But even then one can have some
imbalances (mainly vata) that can cause the damn thing to chat away when
you don't want it.   Most yogis don't worry about these.

>> So apparently your compadres in Europe are back to where they
>> are in the 1930s?  Ignoring Hitler, ignoring Mussolini.
>>

> No, I really don't think it's that. In my exper-
> ience in Europe with the Dutch, the French, and
> now the Catalunyans, they are usually far more
> aware of world events than Americans. And they
> are concerned when they need to be, and do some-
> thing about it when something needs to be done.
>
> But that doesn't take all that much *time*, man.
> Americans think about gnarly shit for much of
> their day! Many of the Europeans I have inter-
> acted with don't. They think about the gnarly
> political stuff only as long as they need to,
> and then enjoy the rest of their day. They
> don't allow the existence of terrorism and
> the Bushes of the world to suck their attention
> and make them think about them all the time.

Again just because I sometimes only post political stuff you are miss
judging that that's all I think about.  Sometimes I post other things
including stuff on tantra, movies, electronics and maybe even some of my
experiences being involved with TM.

The internet has shrunk the world with consequences that I don't think
"the matrix" anticipated and they're not happy about it.  So I like to
bring these things up from time to time.  Again if you don't like my
political posts, don't read them.  And I have other friends who are much
more political than I.  In fact I would say there are other folks here
who are more political than I.

>> We can't afford to ignore
>> Bush and his cronies.  And I have fun poking fun at them.  :D
>>
>> And besides you are residing in a vacation resort. Of course
>> folks visiting there are trying to get away from it all!
>>

> And leaving their closets at home when they go. :-)
>
> Really...it is a real TRIP living in one of the
> gayest small towns in Europe. It's like living
> in the Castro District. That and its history as
> kind of an outlaw town tend to bring a certain
> lightness and joie de vivre to the psychic
> environment here.

Whatever floats your boat?  :)  Remember I don't live that far away from
the Castro.  I'm not homophobic but I probably wouldn't hang out there
either.
> And you could look at it as a running-away-from-
> reality kinda lightness, but the damned thing is,
> it WORKS here. During the Franco era Sitges was a
> refuge for artists and dissidents of all sorts.
> Elsewhere in Spain they would have been executed
> by Franco for believing the things they believed
> and doing the things they did. No shit. So they
> beat feet for Sitges, which had a vibe of being
> "under the radar" since its pirate days, and it
> WORKED. Some of these politically or sexually
> incorrect rebels lasted forty years here under
> Franco's radar. And they survived.
>
> So don't knock beach resorts. They're under the
> radar.  :-)
Didn't knock the beach resorts.  If it wasn't for tsunamis I might live
in one.  In fact my friends from Seattle would like to retire in the
Oregon one and try to talk me into it and I try to talk them into a
little more southern warmer clime (even than the Bay Area).